My Ear Microsuction Experience At Levitas Clinic:
“Upon my arrival, I was welcomed by the friendly reception staff, offered tea and coffee and asked to take a seat to fill out a consent form for my procedure.
Within a few minutes the Doctor came and I followed him upstairs to the micro- suction room, I was also offered a female chaperone if I wanted one and then took a seat on the couch.
The doctor explained the procedure to me and made sure I understood what was going to happen, this was great as it really put me ease as I did not know what to expect.
The doctor begins by placing a device called a video otoscope in my ear, and I can actually see a live video footage of the inside of my ear. The anatomy was explained to me and he showed me the areas where the wax was building up and what he would be removing, he also took pictures for my medical records.
The doctor then places his binoculars on these allow him to see him x30 magnification inside my ears. He then places a funnel shaped attachment in my ear through which he inserts the suction device.
He then began the procedure and warned me I may experience slight discomfort, and after 20 minutes the procedure was over. I only experienced slight discomfort and the whole procedure was pain free and very quick.
I immediately noticed my hearing had improved and then he proceeded to place the video otoscope in my ear again and we saw that the wax had been removed and my ears were clear.
The whole experience was very well managed and explained.”
- Earwax, is a fatty substance produced by glands inside the ear that is often thought to clean, lubricate, and protect the lining of your ear.
- Earwax doesn’t cause problems, however if it builds up, it can create obstructions in the ear canal; these obstructions are one of the most common problems ear, nose and throat ENT doctors see.
- We are now able to unblock your ears quickly, safely and gently with microsuction. The microsuction removal treatment is a far more gentle procedure than other types of ear wax removal, you can come back far more regularly for treatment.
What is Microsuction?
- Microsuction earwax removal is undertaken using a microscope and a medical suction device.
- A very thin wand type fitting is fitted to the end of the suction tube which allows the professional to gently remove the earwax from your canal.
- A doctor will examine your ear using a binaural microscope and, using the fine low pressure suction device, safely remove the blockage.
- Also, using a video otoscope we will show you the condition of the ear before and after the treatment.
The Benefits of Our Microsuction Ear Cleaning
- Unlike ear syringing or ear irrigation, where ear wax is flushed out without a view of the canal, during microsuction, the canal and the ear wax is being directly viewed with the microscope whilst it is being removed.
- This makes the procedure much quicker, safer and comfortable for the patient. There is no downtime and you can return to normal activities immediately.